Primace® (Ramipril) is an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which after hydrolysis to ramiprilat, blocks the conversion of angiotensin I to the vasoconstrictor substance, angiotensin II. So, inhibition of ACE by ramipril results in decreased plasma angiotensin II, which leads to decreased vasopressor activity and decreased aldosterone secretion. Thus ramipril exerts its antihypertensive activity. It is also effective in the management of heart failure and reduction of the risk of stroke, myocardial infarction and death from cardiovascular events. It also reduces the risk of new diagnosis of diabetes. It is long acting and well tolerated, so, can be used in long term therapy. Primace® is indicated in Mild to severe hypertension, Heart failure, To reduce the risk of stroke, myocardial infarction and death from cardiovascular events in patients with a history of cardiovascular disease.
- Primace is the only ACE inhibitor proven to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke in high-risk people aged 55 or older
- Significantly reduces the risk of new onset diabetes
- Prevents premature death in acute MI
- Reduces the atherosclerotic progression independent of blood pressure lowering effect
- Ensures synergistic renal protection activity