What is D-Rise® is and what it is used for?
D-Rise® is the preparation of Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) 40,000 IU Capsule, 20,000 IU Capsule & 2000 IU Tablet. Cholecalciferol is a form of Vitamin D which is synthesized only when our skin gets exposed to the sunlight. For this reason, Cholecalciferol is referred as “sunshine vitamin”. This vitamin is very essential for healthy body functioning.
is used for the prevention and treatment of Vitamin D deficiency symptoms including muscle weakness or muscle pain, joint pain, bone pain, mood swing, depression, dizziness and even osteomalacia or osteoporosis.
Before you take D-Rise®?
Do not take D-Rise and tell your doctor if you have one of the following cases
- Hypersensitivity to vitamin D or any of the excipients in the product
- Hypervitaminosis D
- Diseases or conditions resulting in hypercalcaemia and/or hypercalciuria
- Severe renal impairment
Take special warnings and precautions if you
- have impaired renal function
- are receiving cardiac glycosides
- are suffering from sarcoidosis
How to take D-Rise®?
D-Rise capsule is taken whole orally with water, preferably after the meal.
How much to take?
- Treatment of vitamin D deficiency: 40000 IU/week for 7 weeks, followed by maintenance therapy (1400-2000 IU/day) for the next 3-4 months until target level of Vitamin D is achieved.
- Prevention of vitamin D deficiency: 20000 IU per month
Children (12-18 Years)
- Treatment of vitamin D deficiency: 20000 IU, once every 2 weeks, up to 6 weeks
- Prevention of vitamin D deficiency: 20000 IU, once every 6 weeks
Possible side effects
Generally all nutritional supplements are considered to be safe and well tolerable. However, few side-effects can generally occur including hypercalcaemia syndrome or Calcium intoxication (depending on the severity and duration of hypercalcaemia), occasional acute symptoms include anorexia, headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain or stomach ache and constipation with the administration of Cholecaciferol.
How to store D-Rise® (Storage condition)
Store in a cool dry place, protected from light.