Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
New product launched in 2019
Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (BPL), a leading company in Bangladesh having global footprint across 5 continents and 55 countries with its prescription medicine. Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is forerunner in developing new products and new drug delivery systems. BPL rolled out 26 new products in 2019 in Bangladesh market across Antibiotic, Antidiabetic, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Vitamins & Minerals, Urogenital, Ophthalmic CNS and Skin portfolios.
Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid 250mg /62.5mg & 500mg/125mg Tablets
Turboclav® (Cefuroxime and Clavulanic Acid) is an antibacterial agent, which has broad-spectrum bactericidal activity against a wide range of common pathogens, including β-lactamase producing strains. Cefuroxime has good stability to bacterial β-lactamase and consequently is active against many ampicillin-resistant and amoxicillin-resistant strains.
It is indicated for the treatment of-
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Genito-urinary tract infections
- Gonorrhoea and Early Lyme disease
- Subsequent prevention of late Lyme disease
Gensulin® M30 Injection
Human Insulin 100IU/ml Injection (Vial/Cartridge)
Gensulin® M30 contains human insulin produced by DNA recombination using bacteria Escherichia coli. The insulin is identical to insulin produced in human body. Insulin is involved in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism and reduces blood glucose. Insulin deficiency leads to diabetes. Insulin administered in injections acts identically to the hormone produced by the human body.
Gensulin® M30 is presented in 10 ml vials used with a special syringe or in 3 ml cartridges used with an insulin administration device.
Gensulin® M30 is a mixture of short-acting and long-acting insulin (so-called biphasic isophane suspension). The onset occurs within 30 minutes from injection, the peak action – between 2 and 8 h and the duration is 24 h and depends on the dose.
Gensulin® R Injection
Human Insulin 100IU/ml Injection (Vial/Cartridge)
Gensulin® R is a short-acting insulin. The onset (blood sugar reduction) occurs within 30 minutes from injection, the peak action – after 1-3 h and the hypoglycaemic action (reduced blood glucose) is maintained for 8 h and depends on the dose size.
Gensulin® R is presented in 10 ml vials used with a special syringe or in 3 ml cartridges used with an insulin administration device.
Gensulin® N Injection
Human Insulin 100IU/ml Injection (Vial/Cartridge)
Gensulin® N (isophane suspension) is a long-acting insulin. The onset (blood sugar reduction) occurs within 1.5 h from injection, the peak action - between 3 and 10 h (depending on the dose) and the duration is 24 h.
Gensulin® N is presented in 10 ml vials used with a special syringe or in 3 ml cartridges used with an insulin administration device.
Informet® LA 1000 Tablet
Metformin Hydrochloride BP 1000 mg Tablet
Metformin Hydrochloride belongs to a biguanide class of oral antidiabetic drugs. It decreases hepatic glucose production, decreases intestinal absorption of glucose and improves insulin sensitivity. Unlike sulfonylureas, Metformin Hydrochloride does not produce hypoglycemia. It is the drug of first choice in obese patients.
- Metformin Hydrochloride, as monotherapy, is indicated as an adjunct to diet to lower blood glucose in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) whose hyperglycemia can not be satisfactorily managed on diet alone
- Metformin Hydrochloride may be used concomitantly with a sulfonylurea when diet and Metformin Hydrochloride or sulfonylureas alone do not result in adequate glycemic control
Tigel® 90 Tablet
Ticagrelor INN 90 mg Tablet
Ticagrelor is intended for use in adults for reducing the risk of cardiovascular events (stroke, myocardial infarction, death) in patients after myocardial infarction or after unstable angina pectoris.
Tigel® 90 is indicated –
- To reduce the rate of cardiovascular death
- Myocardial infarction
- Stroke in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) or a history of myocardial infarction (MI)
Ticagrelor also reduces the rate of stent thrombosis in patients who have been stented for treatment of ACS.
Telmacal® 5/80 Tablet
Telmisartan 80 mg + Amlodipine 5 mg Tablet
Telmacal® is the combination of Telmisartan and Amlodipine. Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Telmisartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker. Amlodipine relaxes (widens) blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Telmacal is indicated for the treatment of-
- Hypertension alone or with other antihypertensive agents to lower blood pressure
- Lowering blood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular events, primarily strokes and myocardial infarctions
It is also indicated for initial therapy in patients likely to need multiple antihypertensive agents to achieve their blood pressure goals.
Flomyst® -F 5/50, 5/125 & 10/250 HFA Inhaler
Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate BP and Fluticasone Propionate BP 5mcg/50mcg, 5mcg/125mcg & 10mcg/250mcg Inhaler
Flomyst® F contains two active ingredients:
- Fluticasone propionate which belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. Steroids help to reduce swelling and inflammation in the lungs
- Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate which belongs to a group of medicines called long-acting β2 agonists (LABA). LABA helps the airways in our lungs to stay open, making it easier for you to breathe
When used together regularly, fluticasone propionate and formoterol fumarate dihydrate help to control asthma symptoms and prevent asthma attacks. Flomyst F is known as a 'preventer'. It does not work if one already having an asthma attack.
Bexitrol® -F 50/100, 50/250 & 50/500 Maxhaler
Salmeterol Xinafoate BP and Fluticasone Propionate BP 50 mcg/100 mcg, 50 mcg/250 mcg & 50 mcg/500 mcg Maxhaler
Bexitrol F Maxhaler is a moulded plastic device containing a foil strip with 60 regularly placed blisters each containing a powder formulation of fluticasone propionate and salmeterol (as xinafoate).
- Fluticasone propionate helps to decrease inflammation in the lungs. Inflammation in the lungs can lead to breathing problems
- Salmeterol(the long-acting β2-adrenergic agonist-LABA) helps the muscles around the airways in your lungs stay relaxed to prevent symptoms, such as wheezing, cough, chest tightness, and shortness of breath
Bexitrol® F Maxhaler is used for asthma and COPD. It is not used to relieve sudden breathing problems and will not replace a rescue inhaler. It is not known if Bexitrol® F Maxhaler is safe and effective in children younger than 4 years.
Onriva® Plus Bexicap with Device
Indacaterol INN 110 mcg + Glycopyrrolate USP 50 mcg Dry Powder Inhaler Capsule
Onriva® Plus is a once daily fixed dose combination of two bronchodilators.
- Glycopyrronium, a long acting muscarinic receptor antagonist (LAMA)
- Indacaterol, a long acting β2-adrenergic agonist (LABA)
When Glycopyrronium & Indacaterol are administered together, they provide additive efficacy due to their different mode of action targeting different receptors and pathways to achieve bronchial smooth muscle relaxation.
It is indicated for the long-term once-daily maintenance bronchodilator treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
Fixolin® 200 Tablet
Doxophylline 200 mg Tablet
Doxofylline is a medicine that has been derived from methylxanthine which is used extensively for the control and management of asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
Its mechanism of action involves functioning as a-
- Phosphodiesterase inhibitor
- Bronchodilator effects
Treatment with this medicine helps to provide relief from the obstruction of the airways that can commonly occur in patients affected by breathing difficulties.
Doxofylline is indicated for maintenance therapy in patients suffering with Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and bronchospasm.
Vitamins and Minerals
Vomix® DR Tablet
Doxylamine Succinate 10mg + Pyridoxine HCl 10mg delayed release tablet
Vomix® DR is a delayed release formulation which provides the anti-nauseant and anti-vomiting action of two different ingredients:
- Doxylamine Succinate (an antihistamine)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6)
Vomix® DR is indicated for the treatment of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy in women who do not respond to conservative management.
Ferintus® IV Injection
Ferric Carboxymaltose INN 500 mg/10 ml IV Injection
Ferric carboxymaltose is a colloidal iron (III) hydroxide solution in complex with carboxymaltose, a carbohydrate polymer that releases iron.
Ferric carboxymaltose is indicated for the treatment of iron deficiency Anaemia in adult patients who have-
- Intolerance to oral iron
- Have unsatisfactory response to oral iron
- Have non-dialysis dependent chronic kidney disease
Uroflo® Plus Capsule
Tamsulosin Hydrochloride 0.4mg + Dutasteride 0.5 mg Modified Release Capsule
Uroflo® Plus is a combination of Tamsulosin Hydrochloride Dutasteride. Tamsulosin & Dutasteride have complementary mechanisms of action to improve symptoms in patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).
Treatment of BPH with alpha1-adrenoreceptor blocking agents (Tamsulosin Hydrochloride) and dual 5 alpha reductase inhibitor-5ARIs (Dutasteride) results in an improvement in urine flow rate and a reduction in symptoms of BPH.
Uroflo® Plus is indicated for the treatment of- Moderate to severe symptomatic Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) in men with enlarged prostates. It has been shown to reduce symptoms of BPH, improve urinary flow and reduce prostate size and was statistically significant to Tamsulosin monotherapy.
Ural®-K Oral Solution
Potassium Citrate 1500 mg + Citric Acid Monohydrate 250 mg /5 ml Oral Solution
Ural®-K is a combination of Potassium Citrate & Citric Acid Monohydrate. It acts as a systemic alkalinizer and makes urine less acidic without producing a systemic alkalosis in recommended dosage.
Ural®-K is indicated in the treatment of-
- Discomfort in urinary tract infections due to decreased pH or acidic urine
- In preventing kidney stone formation specially caused by uric acid with or without the presence of calcium stones
- In gout therapy as a valuable adjuvant with uricosuric agents
It is also effective in correcting acidosis caused by kidney disease.
Tearon® PF Eye Drops
Polyethylene Glycol 400 0.4% and Propylene Glycol 0.3% Eye Drops
Polyethylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol is scientifically formulated to shield eyes from dry eye discomfort so that eyes feel moist and refreshed longer.
This combination eye drop is indicated for the temporary relief of burning and irritation due to dryness of the eye.
Chlordiazepoxide 5 mg + Amitriptyline Hydrochloride 12.5 mg Tablet
Emijoy® is combination of chlordiazepoxide & amitriptyline
- Chlordiazepoxide is an agent for the relief of anxiety and tension: It exerts its action in the limbic system. Recent evidence indicates that the limbic system is involved in emotional response. Taming action was observed in some species
- Amitriptyline is an antidepressant. It interferes with the reuptake of norepinephrine into adrenergic nerve endings
Emijoy® is indicated for the treatment of- Patients with moderate to severe depression associated with moderate to severe anxiety.
Exovate® N Ointment
Clobetasol Propionate 0.5 mg + Neomycin 3.5 mg + Nystatin 100000 units Ointment
Clobetasol Propionate is a highly active corticosteroid with topical anti-inflammatory activity. The use of Nystatin in the local treatment of candidal infections of the skin and of Neomycin as a broad-spectrum antibiotic is well known.
Exovate® N is indicated in more resistant dermatoses such as recalcitrant eczemas and psoriasis (excluding widespread plaque psoriasis) where secondary bacterial or candidal infection is present, suspected or likely to occur, as when using occlusive dressings.