Ipramid is a preperation of Ipratropium bromide which is a anticholinergic agent that works as a bronchodilator that dilates the bronchi in the lungs. It is used in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease associated with chronic bronchitis and emphysema. In chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cholinergic nerves going to the lungs cause narrowing of the bronchi by stimulating the muscles surrounding the bronchi to contract. An “anti-cholinergic” effect of ipratropium bromide blocks the effect of the cholinergic nerves, causing the muscles to relax and the bronchi to dilate.
- Ensures excellent bronchodilation in COPD
- Offers a specific therapy of COPD
- Shows additive effect with salbutamol and theophylline
- Right choice for elderly COPD patients
- Offers an alternative bronchodilator option in asthma
( Respirator Solution Ipratropium Bromide 250 mcg/ml )
Ipratropium bromide is an anticholinergic bronchodilator. It inhibits vagally mediated reflexes by antagonizing, the action of acetylcholine, the transmitter agent released from the vagal nerve.